The Chili Pepper is based on the Chili, which is a car in the Derby Class. Both cars are based on the Renault 5, although the Pepper-version is most likely based on the Renault 5 Turbo.
The Chili Pepper is very fragile and light. It is unable to endure 4 or more serious crashes, so the driver should take care not to get caught in too many pile-ups. It has poor top speed and landing jumps is uncomfortable due to its low ground clearance. Nonetheless the Chili Pepper boosts incredible acceleration and is perhaps the most agile vehicle in the game. Despite its weak nitro, its light weight and high acceleration negates this weakness. The Chili Pepper certainly seems to be a decent racing car. Although its low strength makes it something of a one-hit wonder in derbies, its small size and agility makes the Chili Pepper a better contender than expected. Under the right hands, it is actually quite survivable.
The Chili Pepper has changed significantly in Flatout: Ultimate Carnage. It has become stronger and heavier, and retains its exceptional agility and acceleration (it can reach its low top speed in a flash). Its heavier weight has made it more suitable to derbies, and under the right hands it can be a good derby contender.
It is driven by Katie Jackson in the Street races.
- Redline: 7.000 rpm
- Class: Street Class
- Type: Hot Hatch
- Capacity: 3 Door
- Cost: 35000
- Drive: RWD
- 0-100 km/h ........... 3,967 sec
0-160 km/h............ 7,969 sec
0-200 km/h............ 11,633 sec
- Speed: 231km/h
Note: All measurements have been made on the Test Track, using automatic shifting, 100% upgrades, full throttle as soon as the "Go" appears and no nitro. These values can vary on different surfaces, with manual shifting and different driving styles, as well as other upgrade settings.
- The Chili is a derby variant of this car.
- It has a Californian licence plate.
- The logo on the front of the Chili Pepper is half of the Renault logo, implying that it may actually be modeled after the Renault 5 Turbo.
- Both Chilli Pepper and Chili are the cheapest cars for their classes.
- In Flatout 2 the Chilli has one of the highest redlines at 7.000 rpm, which is highly respectable compared to most other vehicles in the game, even if it resembles a small 4 cylinder engine, it must be factory tuned with lighter parts such as forged pistons.
- The engine is an inline 4.